Horseless Carriages visit Heritage Center
On Sunday, January 14, the Fallbrook Heritage Center received some 50 guests and 30 pre-1916 vintage cars for a private tour of the Heritage Center facilities by the Temecula Horseless Carriage Club. Following tours of the Museum, the Pittenger House and the Donald J. Rivers Interpretive Center, the club headed off to take in the Reche Schoolhouse. Great day for both car and history buffs, as “history meets history”. (Private tours of all the Historical Society facilities are available upon request.) Schoolhouse photos…
The Fallbrook Historical Society (FHS) received its Charter, approval of exemption as a Non-Profit Corporation and Articles of Incorporation on August 9, 1976. The first general meeting of the FHS was called to order by George Kelsey in the Fallbrook High School Cafeteria on April 4, 1977. The current location of the museum and Pittenger House, were purchased in 1981. Construction of the “Barn” began on June 3, 2006, culminating with the “Barn” being formally dedicated and named the Donald J. Rivers Interpretive Center on October 9, 2011.
On June 3rd, 2017, the Historical Society’s main Rocky Crest campus, comprising The Museum, The Pittenger House and “The Barn”, was officially renamed “The Fallbrook Heritage Center” with the approval of the Society’s General Membership.